Feature & Follow Friday #13

                       Alison Can Read Feature & Follow

Question of the Week: How important is good writing to you? In an ideal world, a book would be beautifully written AND have great character development, plot, etc. But in the real world, which do you prefer: (1) Great characters and plot with lousy writing or (2) Middling character development and plot but gorgeous writing?

This is very difficult question, however I would much rather read book with amazing characters with superb plot than one that’s lacking in good writing. Of course, there are people who would prefer better writing to developed characters, but that’s not me. Even though I like well written books, and it’s always easier to read them; if the book doesn’t possess me with its amazing story, I won’t be hooked.

I feel like that lately in the YA and NA literature there has been many great books with superb plots and characters, that might have been lacking a little in the writing style. But who cares! If the book is convincing enough for you, and you can’t put it down, I don’t think the grammatical correctness and style of writing are the first thing you would judge.

If you haven’t yet, please follow me on Bloglovin. Also leave your links in the comments, so I can follow you back.

Have a magical weekend,
Xoxo Maria 


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

  1. I agree with you, I can handle a lot of bad if the characters (and dialogue) are all good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same view.

    New G+, GFC & bloglovin follower. Follow me back via my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome answer! I totally agree! I've read a handful of some freaking awesome books that were either self-pub or indie and yeah, the writing may have been a little shaky or whatever. But the characters, the plot and all that jazz was just soooo freaking awesome! I loved them!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose writing over characters and plot, promising stories have been ruined for me by bad spelling and grammar. Blame the English degree haha! New follower, have a great weekend! :)

    My F&F

    ReplyDelete